Thomas Stratmann, University Professor of Economics and Law at George Mason University
Home ❖Curriculum Vitae❖ Newsroom❖ Certificate-of-Need Work ❖ GMU Economics Home ❖Public Choice Home
RECENTLY PUBLISHED ARTICLES:
- Stratmann, Thomas and John W. Welborn. (2016)."Informed Short Selling, Fails-to-Deliver, and Abnormal Returns." Journal of Empirical Finance.
- Mitchell, Matthew and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). "A Tragedy of the Anticommons: Local Option Taxation and Cell Phone Tax Bills." Public Choice.
- Maaser, Nicola and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). "Distributional Consequences of Political Representation." European Economic Review.
- Hendergren, Dave and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). "Is There Adverse Selection in Life Insurance Markets?" Economic Inquiry.
- Houser, Daniel, Sandra Ludwig, and Thomas Stratmann. (2015). "Deception and Political Participation: Theory and Laboratory Evidence." Economic Inquiry.
- Stratmann, Thomas and J.W. Verret. (2015). "How Does Corporate Political Activity by Citizens United v. FEC Affect Shareholder Wealth?" Journal of Law and Economics.
- Leive, Adam and Thomas Stratmann. (2015). " Cancer Screening Guidelines and Mortality." Journal of Population Economics.
- Fink, Alexander and Thomas Stratmann. (2015). " U.S. Housing Prices and the Fukushima Nuclear Accident." Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
- Makowsky, Michael D. and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). " Politics, Unemployment, and the Enforcement of Immigration Law." Public Choice.
- Nye, John V., Ilia Rainer, and Thomas Stratmann. (2013). " Do Black Mayors Improve Black Employment Outcomes? Evidence from Large U.S. Cities."
- Stratmann, Thomas. (2013). " The Effects of Earmarks on the Likelihood of Reelection." European Journal of Political Economy.
- Stratmann, Thomas. (2013). "Campaign Finance," in The Elgar Companion to Public Choice.
RECENT WORKING PAPERS:
- Asatryan, Zareh, César Castellón, and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). " Balanced Budget Rules and Fiscal Outcomes: Evidence from Historical Constitutions."
- Makowsky, Michael D., Thomas Stratmann, and Alex Tabarrok. (2016). " To Serve and Collect: The Fiscal and Racial Determinants of Law Enforcement."
- Stratmann, Thomas and David Chandler Thomas. (2016). "Save Time, Save Lives: The Impact of 9-1-1 on Lethality and Homicides."
- Russ, Jacob and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). " Missing Sticks: Property Institutions and Income Dissipation in Indian Country."
- Militaru, Andreea and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). "The Political Economy of Sales Tax and Sales Tax Exemptions."
- Aimone, Jason Anthony, Luigi Butera, and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). "Altruistic Punishment in Elections."
- Peirce, Hester, Ian C. Robinson, and Thomas Stratmann. (2014). "How Are Small Banks Faring Under Dodd-Frank?"
- Hendengren, David and Thomas Stratmann. (2012). "The Dog that Didn't Bark: What Item Nonresponse Shows about Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Ability."
- Stratmann, Thomas and John W. Welborn. (2012). "Exchange-Traded Funds, Fails-to-Deliver, and Market Volatility."
Home ❖Curriculum Vitae❖GMU Economics Home ❖Public Choice Home
tstratma(at)gmu.edu ❖ Department of Economics, George Mason University, MSN 1D3, Fairfax VA 22030 ❖ 703.993.4920 (office)