Thomas Stratmann, University Professor of Economics and Law at George Mason University
Home ❖Curriculum Vitae❖ Newsroom❖ Certificate-of-Need Work ❖ GMU Economics Home ❖Public Choice Home
RECENTLY PUBLISHED ARTICLES:
- Doran, C, and Stratmann, T. (2021). "How does liability affect prices? Railroad sparks and timber." International Review of Law & Economics.
- Doran, Colin and Thomas Stratmann. (2020). “The Relationship between Economic Freedom and Poverty Rates: Cross-Country Evidence” Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics.
- Stratmann, Thomas. (2019). “Testing for the Effect of Campaign Expenditure Limits.” Supreme Court Economic Review.
- Kling, Dan and Thomas Stratmann. (2019). “Repeated Treatment in a GOTV Field Experiment: Distinguishing between Intensive and Extensive Margin Effects.” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Makowsky, Michael D., Thomas Stratmann and Alex Tabarrok. (2019). “To Serve and Collect: The Fiscal and Racial Determinants of Law Enforcement.” Journal of Legal Studies.
- Asatryan, Zareh, César Castellón and Thomas Stratmann. (2018). “Balanced Budget Rules and Fiscal Outcomes: Evidence from Historical Constitutions.” Journal of Public Economics. Volume 167, November, pp. 105-119.
- Cheryl Litman and Thomas Stratmann. (2018). “Judging on thin ice: the effects of group membership on evaluation.” Oxford Economic Papers. Volume 70, Issue 3, July, pp. 763–783.
- Aimone, Jason A., Luigi Butera, Thomas Stratmann. (2018). "Altruistic punishment in elections.” European Journal of Political Economy. Volume 53, July, pp. 149-160.
- Maaser, Nicola and Thomas Stratmann. (2018). “Election rules, legislators' incentives, and policy outcomes: Evidence from the mixed member system in Germany.” European Journal of Political Economy. Volume 54, September, pp. 227-239.
- Stratmann, Thomas (2017) “The political economy of sales taxes and sales tax exemptions.” Public Choice. Volume 171, Issue 1–2, April, pp. 207–221.
- Armor, David J., Chenna Reddy Cotla, Thomas Stratmann. (2017). “Spurious relationships arising from aggregate variables in linear regression.” Quality & Quantity. Volume 51, Issue 3, May, pp. 1359–1379.
- Russ, Jacob W. and Thomas Stratmann. (forthcoming).“ Divided Interests: The Increasing Detrimental Fractionation of Indian Land Ownership ” Unlocking the Wealth of Indian Nations. Ed. Terry L. Anderson. Lexington Books.
- Makowsky, Michael D., Thomas Stratmann, and Alex Tabarrok. (2016). " To Serve and Collect: The Fiscal and Racial Determinants of Law Enforcement."
- Stratmann, Thomas and John W. Welborn. (2016)."Informed Short Selling, Fails-to-Deliver, and Abnormal Returns." Journal of Empirical Finance.
- Mitchell, Matthew and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). "A Tragedy of the Anticommons: Local Option Taxation and Cell Phone Tax Bills." Public Choice.
- Maaser, Nicola and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). "Distributional Consequences of Political Representation." European Economic Review.
- Hendergren, Dave and Thomas Stratmann. (2016). "Is There Adverse Selection in Life Insurance Markets?" Economic Inquiry.
Home ❖Curriculum Vitae❖GMU Economics Home ❖Public Choice Home
tstratma(at)gmu.edu ❖ Department of Economics, George Mason University, MSN 1D3, Fairfax VA 22030 ❖ 703.993.4920 (office)